Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Murderball
(5 stars out of five)
--There's an old quote from the director Luis Bunuel, in which he says that "The thing that would make me angriest about dying, would be that I would be unable to read tomorrow's newspaper." That's the kind of sentiment that runs throughout this amazing, amazing film. If a man is able to communicate, create, and live his life, then why on earth would he not want to read tomorrow's newspaper?
This is an incredible motion picture. Everything seems to click, everything adds up, and we are treated to one of the best examinations of people overcoming physical and emotional challenges that I've ever seen. My original review of this was just accidentally erased, but I guess this is the sort of film that deserves a shorter review anyway. This is a movie that needs to be discovered and experienced. Highly, highly recommended.
Winner of the Audience Award for Best Documentary Feature at the Sundance Film Festival.

No comments: