Monday, December 18, 2006

Funny story tonight... I was fucking around with my computers, and since I figured the problem with both of them was overheating, I downloaded a little program that tells you how hot the temperatures of your fan and processor are. Well, the laptop fan is completely dead and is no longer moving, because the program told me that the CPU no longer is aware that a fan is attached(!) and the laptop processor, which is supposed to be at a temp of about 123 degrees fahrenheit, was clocking in at over 200 degrees(!) so the processor is fried, because, obviously, the fan had stopped cooling the processor long ago, and once a processor gets that hot, it's over. So, I tried that program on the desktop, and both the processor and fan temperatures were also too high, meaning the fan wasn't doing its job either. Luckily, the processor wasn't so hot that it had fried yet, so I opened up the side of the computer case, and I have a little fan blowing in there, and now the program shows a normal CPU temperature... so I dunno. Maybe it will at least stay on a little longer than usual.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are very innovative, i would have never thought of that

Anonymous said...

Get a MAC!!!!!!!!!

Andrew said...

I would if I could, believe me...