Saturday, July 16, 2005

"The Great Movies"

I think I'm gonna try something new here...

Roger Ebert has something on his site he calls "The Great Movies". It's a list of movies which he considers the best ever made. Not just his favorites - he has movies on his favorites list that aren't on this "Great Movies" list - but a list of nothing less than what he considers the best cinema ever made. The movies don't have to be flawless (although some of them certainly are), but they're on that list because they are great examples of great movies. Movies that overwhelmingly accomplish what they set out to do, in his eyes.
Well, my list will certainly differ from Ebert's, but I'm going to do my own... Every once in a while, I'll add to the list. Who knows... It might even encourage someone to check out something they wouldn't normally see before.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i liked ur review of war of the worlds. have you seen the movie Happy Endings? It isn't bad... there's at least enough substance to make for a good review. I wish you had one of Batman Begins. That would be humerous.

Andrew said...

Glad you liked it...
I haven't seen Happy Endings yet, although I want to... Don Roos's other movie, The Opposite of Sex, was great.
I actually did see Batman Begins... It was a while ago, and I forgot to review it. I'll get around to that.

Anonymous said...

very informative site. I also thought Cinderella Man was the best movie I've seen in ages.....